Sunday, September 14, 2008




I decided to pick the company Cabela's for my presentation coming up in about a month. I picked the company for several reasons, one being I love the products the company has to offer. I love the outdoors and hunting and fishing are two of my favorite hobbies. Cabela's has anything and everything to offer for those two activities! Anyway, I haven't been there since earlier this year, but I began doing some research on the company this weekend. I found some interesting quotes and opinions from people while surfing the internet. As a man from East Hartford put it, "It's more or less, like a woman goes to shop. This is where a dude goes to shop," the 60-year-old said. "Everything that you say you're not going to get, you get. It's good. It offers a lot." Smith, of Windsor, said he arrived around 6:45 a.m. to see about 150 people on line before him. He was waiting for the store to open ever since the company announced its plans to come to East Hartford.
I thought about the quote this man said and thought about any women who had actually expressed interest in going to Cabela's. I couldn't think of one! It pretty much seems like a man's store. I looked into it a little more and found tha Cabela's also has A LOT of good finds for their female shoppers, from footwear to casual clothing. The company basically just does a pretty poor job of marketing their womens items. As a website explained, "they seem to assume that it's just important to have some merchandise "for the ladies" who are accompanying their husbands. "
This was interesting to me, I had never really thought about how they have womens apparel andwomens items but how they fail to market ANYTHING towards women. I don't think the store ever will change their marketing strategy but it was just something to think about. By the way, when Im married Im going to explain to my wife that Cabela's HAS womens stuff...hopefully she'll let me make the trip out there!

No comments: