Thursday, September 25, 2008

The BOB's Mug Club


I assume that if you've been out in downtown Grand Rapids you've heard of The BOB. Ever since I moved downtown a year and half ago, I've been a frequent visitor to the restaurant/bar. Its a pretty large establishment that offers a restaurant on the second floor, an expensive bar/club on the fourth floor, a dance club on the first floor, another bar downstairs, a comedy club, and offers wedding receptions. It can get kind of pricey, however, this year one of my friends convinced me to join the BOB's Mug Club. This Mug club allows you to receive $1 beers on Tuesdays, $2.00 BOB's beers every other day, $2.00 off Growlers on Tuesdays, and 20% off food Sunday - Thursday. You also receive a free birthday dinner, not to mention these deals are good at all Gilmore collection restaurants! Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe there are 5.

Anyway, you can get all of these deals for just $25. I basically broke even the first evening I bought the card. The BOB serves their home brewed beer and they have 5 or 6 different flavors. Each beer is somewhere between 6-8%, so you're definitely getting your moneys worth! I know the manager is also thinking of offering the $1 beers on Thursdays also. For many college kids this is the ultimate way to go. Before you head out to the hot spots around town, head to the BOB and get your cheap beer before you end up spending 50 bucks somewhere else! I know other bars offer their mug clubs at around 50 dollars, but I'm not sure what other perks you end up getting. If you want to try it out the membership lasts you a year! Its worth it!

No comments: